HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Link HereLink Here  RegisterRegister  Log in  SubscribeSubscribe  

Share | 

How long do you hold onto your computers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
maflynn
Hieromonk

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: How long do you hold onto your computers   Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:44 pm

This place seems a little quiet here so I figured I should add some content Smile

That being that case, here's my question. How long do you hold on to your computers before you upgrade?
1 year, 2, 3?

For me I try to go at least 3 years but there's been exceptions to that rule but in general if I'll be happy if I get three years out of it. I generally try to sell it on ebay or craigs list which helps recoup some cost. I also typically try to pay cash for it, so it takes me a few years for me to save up the 2 - 3k.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theologynow.net
rogermugs
theologer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: How long do you hold onto your computers   Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:50 pm

maflynn wrote:
This place seems a little quiet here so I figured I should add some content Smile

That being that case, here's my question. How long do you hold on to your computers before you upgrade?
1 year, 2, 3?

For me I try to go at least 3 years but there's been exceptions to that rule but in general if I'll be happy if I get three years out of it. I generally try to sell it on ebay or craigs list which helps recoup some cost. I also typically try to pay cash for it, so it takes me a few years for me to save up the 2 - 3k.

quiet indood (the last few days)
[pin drop]

i hang onto mine about 4 years... but i rotate my 2 year old one off to my wife and then buy a new one myself.

View user profile http://www.theologer.com
Nathan
Xenophile

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: How long do you hold onto your computers   Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:32 pm

Hmm, I lost two computers in a row to lightning storms, so those were about a year apart. Since then, I had another computer for three years. My dad bought me a replacement so I gave it to my brother. I've had the newer computer for two years now and will probably use it for at least another year or two. So I'd say 3 years is pretty close for me.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long do you hold onto your computers   

Back to top Go down

How long do you hold onto your computers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1