HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Link HereLink Here  RegisterRegister  Log in  SubscribeSubscribe  

Share | 

places you spend too much time online...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rogermugs
theologer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: places you spend too much time online...   Mon May 26, 2008 5:51 pm

just curious.
my problems are mostly blog related... but then the biggest are often

tuaw.com
engadget.com
macnn.com

and also EVERYDAY i check
passwird.com
for good deals... i got a free titanium schick razor this last week.

what's your poison?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theologer.com
Nathan
Xenophile

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Tue May 27, 2008 7:57 am

I used to check other sites, but mostly now it is just my blog and Google Reader so that I can read other blogs. I've also started checking this forum every day. There are two sites that I use with regular frequency though:

Amazon
YouTube

design219
Monk

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Tue May 27, 2008 8:01 am

I too have a few I visit about every day:

neatorama Just cool stuff updated constantly.

MacNN (the forum lounge) Fans of Apple products, but the lounge is a varied discussion forum.

mentalfloss fascinating stuff.

misscellania daily theme based humor blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maflynn
Hieromonk

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Tue May 27, 2008 10:25 am

My online activity has decreased a lot, maybe because it is summer. I just don't have the time or inclination to spend hours and hours on the net (work time not withstanding of course Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theologynow.net
rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Tue May 27, 2008 10:33 pm

i should definitely add twitter.
i dont know why. i dont understand it. i dont read other people's tweets (much), but since i have 98 followers i cant help but update them...
Back to top Go down
maflynn
Hieromonk

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Tue May 27, 2008 10:38 pm

rogermugs wrote:
i should definitely add twitter.
i dont know why. i dont understand it. i dont read other people's tweets (much), but since i have 98 followers i cant help but update them...
I've never understood the allure of twitter, and to be honest it seems to me, that makes me feel too connected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theologynow.net
rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Tue May 27, 2008 10:49 pm

its like micro-blogging. but i dont use it to actually answer "what are you doing," i mostly just post random thoughts that aren't long enough or bright enough to make into poems for the sieve
Back to top Go down
chuckgrantham
Novice

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Wed May 28, 2008 12:28 am

Amazon dot com
Youtube
Dvd Basen
AICN

I love reading reviews before I even seriously start to think about buying. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebuddy
Postulant

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:37 am

It was primarily MacNN. I had become disenchanted yesterday when addressing another forum poster there. It had become apparent that I was dealing with a very sensitive individual, but I had much to say. I had spent over two hours crafting what I thought was a very thorough reply. I was wording the reply in a very conscientious manner so as not to exacerbate the notion that I was having an attitude with him.

I clicked on a link to a pdf for additional information only to have Safari crash and close all windows, including my masterpiece. I decided I spend too much time @ MacNN. Too invested in such a silly thing. I'll post from time to time here and there, but my time on it will be cut in... 32nds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:24 am

ebuddy wrote:

I clicked on a link to a pdf for additional information only to have Safari crash and close all windows, including my masterpiece. I decided I spend too much time @ MacNN. Too invested in such a silly thing. I'll post from time to time here and there, but my time on it will be cut in... 32nds.

that sucks.... i just posted something over there about my safari crashing semi-regularly and my dissatisfaction over it... normally its so stable... whats up lately?
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Xenophile

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:41 pm

ebuddy wrote:
I had spent over two hours crafting what I thought was a very thorough reply. I was wording the reply in a very conscientious manner so as not to exacerbate the notion that I was having an attitude with him.
A sure sign that one spends too much time on a forum. I don't know how many times I've spent way too much of my life replying to someone about something of no consequence whatsoever. Not implying that about your example above, just that I've wasted a lot of my time in the past.

ebuddy
Postulant

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:56 am

rogermugs wrote:
that sucks.... i just posted something over there about my safari crashing semi-regularly and my dissatisfaction over it... normally its so stable... whats up lately?
This was the second time it happened to me and both were while trying to open a linked pdf. It happened on Panther under various, more unpredictable circumstances.

nathan wrote:
A sure sign that one spends too much time on a forum. I don't know how many times I've spent way too much of my life replying to someone about something of no consequence whatsoever. Not implying that about your example above, just that I've wasted a lot of my time in the past.
No, you nailed it. I was arguing against the notion that abortions are safer today than prior to Roe V Wade. A discussion I'm certain I've had with the some of the same individuals before and satisfying the same disingenuous requests for links on information likely unread and positions both immovable and at times unreasonable. I get the impression that often times one reads the anti-abortion argument and opposes the alleged "judgmental" Christian behind it more than the arguments themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: places you spend too much time online...   

Back to top Go down

places you spend too much time online...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1