HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Link HereLink Here  RegisterRegister  Log in  SubscribeSubscribe  

Share | 

bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rogermugs
theologer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Fri May 16, 2008 10:23 pm

Okay... i intended to focus on this forum for a bit before I introduced something new. But this is the other idea I've had clunking around in my head and maybe some of you will be interested in adding something (maybe not). But basically I've created a wiki for a bible commentary and a systematic theology...

you have to join the site to be able to do anything on it, but once you join you can add pages or add commentary or whatever. there is basically no commentary there. But feel free to go ahead and add something.

again... i dont expect this to take off for some time, i wasn't even going to introduce it until later, but i got restless and thought ya'll might find it interesting... you can invite friends so if you have a friend that you know is passionate about one specific passage or piece of systematics then invite them... also I've done the best with my layout, but feel free to amend...

lemme know what you think. is this overkill, forum and wiki too close together? or is it okay to just expect them to slowly grow...?

i guess i'm a dreamer.... but it would be REALLY nice to have a bible commentary which was easy to access and a systematic theology that wasn't written by grudem or the sort...

heres the link:

wiki.theologer.com

good luck out there... and try not to compare the papacy to Dr. Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theologer.com
chuckgrantham
Novice

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Fri May 16, 2008 11:10 pm

I'll be glad to contribute as soon as I have an original thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan
Xenophile

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Fri May 16, 2008 11:32 pm

If you already have it ready might as well get it started now I suppose. I'm not really into theology, but I find commentaries interesting. I'm thinking of making my own translation of the NT as I go through it in Greek. Not sure how that would tie in, but it's the only long term religious type goal that I have (other than learning Greek of course).

rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Sat May 17, 2008 10:48 am

hmm... thats actually an interesting idea... maybe i should include a section in the wiki for a unique translation with translation notes.....

we'll see...
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Xenophile

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Sat May 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Yeah I'd definitely dig that.

rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Sun May 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Nathan wrote:
Yeah I'd definitely dig that.

alright nathan. I'm slow but i got around to it... see the genesis note for an example, and then get down it... do a verse or three today and lemme know what you think.

Translation Wiki

maybe we can get some other folk in on this action. I know a lot of people are into their translations... TC... some help on those gender verses?

This has potential
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Xenophile

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Sun May 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Did you mean to use 'beggining' or 'beginning' in your Gen 1 example? scratch

rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Sun May 25, 2008 6:00 pm

i was just using it as an example.... change it whatev... my bad on the typo.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Xenophile

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Mon May 26, 2008 9:59 am

I wouldn't have asked except that there were a ton of Google results for "beggining" hehe. I'll spend some more time on there later, just too much going on this week.

rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Thu May 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Nathan wrote:
I wouldn't have asked except that there were a ton of Google results for "beggining" hehe. I'll spend some more time on there later, just too much going on this week.

i just read gen 1:1 in hebrew for the first time yesterday... maybe i'll get down on this.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Xenophile

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Thu May 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Just to update you; I am planning on posting all of my translations to your wiki. It'll be some time before I finish them though.

rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   Thu May 29, 2008 6:38 pm

Nathan wrote:
Just to update you; I am planning on posting all of my translations to your wiki. It'll be some time before I finish them though.

the beauty of a wiki is you can alwas to back and edit it if you dont like it. Also you can add as you go.

Whatever. No pressure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki   

Back to top Go down

bible commentary wiki / systematic theology wiki
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1