HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Link HereLink Here  RegisterRegister  Log in  SubscribeSubscribe  

Share | 

the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
design219
Monk

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama   Mon May 19, 2008 1:07 pm

rogermugs wrote:
they WILL NOT respect a woman leader

You may have a point, but we should not elect our leadership based on what other countries think. Our current leader has lost a lot of respect but we carry on.

As far as respect goes, our national leader plays a very minor role. Our policy (and military might) are what matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rogermugs
theologer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama   Mon May 19, 2008 1:45 pm

afraid i disagree with you again.
as far as power our leader plays a very minor role

but we dont get respect based on our senate or our house we get it based on who is sitting in the oval office and if they bumble over words like stratergery

i think we should elect who is the best for us, not who is the best for other nations. but i think right now, who is the best in the eyes of the world, may be the best move for us.

(also... cheaper gas would be nice, but i ride a bike so it doesn't affect me much)

View user profile http://www.theologer.com
design219
Monk

PostSubject: Re: the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama   Mon May 19, 2008 10:34 pm

rogermugs wrote:
also... cheaper gas would be nice

I'm holding out for free Pop Tarts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama   Mon May 19, 2008 10:49 pm

anyone that gave free pop tarts would be difficult not to vote for...

UNLESS there was someone ELSE giving away free toaster strudel..... mmmmm... toaster deliciousness. (I feel as though this thread went downhill...)

design219
Monk

PostSubject: Re: the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama   Tue May 20, 2008 7:38 am

I will concede this discussion, you are right.

Toaster Strudels are far better than Pop Tarts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama   Tue May 20, 2008 9:02 am

design219 wrote:
I will concede this discussion, you are right.

Toaster Strudels are far better than Pop Tarts.

Roger 1
Design 0

ebuddy
Postulant

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama   Wed May 21, 2008 7:32 am

rogermugs wrote:
I dont know if he'll do a good job. I dont know if he's religiously a wacko... but it seems so important for us to have a leader with the appearance of confidence and strength. I wonder if he would be the only one who could at all restore credibility to our nation across the world....
Credibility to our nation is predicated on those things we do which serve the critic in question. We cannot expect to gain favor with those who generally oppose our system of governance. For example, provide a list of those from whom we've lost favor. Did we really have their favor to begin with and to what degree should their favor drive our choice of leader for the sake of it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rogermugs
theologer

PostSubject: Re: the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama   Wed May 21, 2008 3:25 pm

ebuddy wrote:

Credibility to our nation is predicated on those things we do which serve the critic in question. We cannot expect to gain favor with those who generally oppose our system of governance. For example, provide a list of those from whom we've lost favor. Did we really have their favor to begin with and to what degree should their favor drive our choice of leader for the sake of it?

Thats true. Most of these places/people are people we never really had favor with.. that said however, I dont desire to win favor with them i suppose... i guess its more about the ability to be taken seriously... by anyone... weather they like us not isn't the point... but they NEED to listen us (not necessarily do whatever we say... but respect that we said it).

America is the most powerful nation in the world and it needs to be able to exercise that power when necessary... the ability to be able to pronounce the word strategy (strategery, or whatever), would definitely help that.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama   

Back to top Go down

the necessity of a strong male leader for the nation and why i might vote obama
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2